We, Steadfast Neuro Rehab & Clinical Services, situated at VV Puram, Bangalore, Karnataka have pioneered the concept of complete quality neurological care under a single roof with the assistance of our neurologists. We’ve had an inspirational journey of delivering efficient care to patients with the help of a dedicated and proficient team of professionals. Patient satisfaction has always been in our DNA. Healthcare is simplified like never before with our rich knowledge and experience, be assured of quality health service.
What we do
Steadfast Neuro Super Speciality Rehab Centre provides a neurological physiotherapy service throughout Greater Manchester and Cheshire. Our specialist neurological physiotherapists have experience treating adults and children with a wide range of neurological conditions. We commonly see individuals who have been discharged from the hospitals with “no rehab potential” or those who have reached a “plateau” go on to make significant improvements.
Steadfast Neuro Super Speciality Rehab Centre optimise the quality of life their patients by promoting their physical ability.
Small Movements Make a Big Difference.
- If an individual can be taught to take two steps backwards they may be able to go to the toilet themselves.
- Being able to touch their mouth enables someone to feed themselves.
- One step forwards can mean an adult can reach out and make new friends.
- Sitting on a conventional chair allows an individual to eat lunch with their family.
- Improved mobility can mean huge benefits for both carers and patient, teaching someone to shuffle up the bed means that carers will no longer have to struggle, and the patient will increase their strength.
- Being able to open and close a hand allows someone to hold a cup.
Big Movements Make Life Changing Differences
- The more a person with disabilities is able to move around in their environment, the more independent and socially included that person and their family will feel.
- Learning to sit in an upright position, stand or walk, will have untold health benefits.
- If a person is able to get from their armchair to the commode it will make a difference between them being continent and incontinent.
- If a person is able to transfer from a wheelchair with the assistance of one rather than two carers it may open up the possibility of numerous holiday ideas.
- Sitting in an upright position and/or being able to move about, gives a person with disabilities greater opportunities for participation.
- If a person is able to transfer in and out of a car it can allow someone to visit friends and access a world of possibilities.
How we help
As children and adults begin to move more independently and learn about their environment and the world around them, they see things of interest and their curiosity is awakened.
Neurological rehabilitation has many benefits, here is a list of some of the common ways the physiotherapists at Steadfast Neuro Super Speciality Rehab Centre are able to benefit patients:
- Maximise your potential
- Increase independence and quality of life
- Decreases paralysis
- Retrain normal patterns of movement
- Increases range of movement
- Improves jerky movement
- Reduces slow or rigid movement
- Improves gross or fine motor skills
- Increases balance
- Reduce stiffness
- Improves strength
- Reduces hemiplegia
- Reduces dystonia
- Reduces spasticity
- Normalises muscle tone
- Decrease chance of soft tissue contractures
- Improves transfers
- Increases ability to roll/move in bed/sit/stand
- Improves everyday tasks
- Improves hand and arm function
- Increases independence
- Help problems with breathing
- Reduce risk of chest infections
- Restores normal sensation
- Increases proprioception
- Increases coordination
- Improves sleep
- Increases stamina and fitness levels
- Reduces spasms
- Decreases neuropathic pain
- Decreases post stroke pain
- Improves gait (walking)
- Decreases risk of falling
- Improves developmental problems
- Improves mood
- Delays or avoids the need for surgery
- Positive impact on all body systems
Our Commitment To You
Steadfast strive to provide an outstanding standard of care to all its patients. To achieve these standards Steadfast makes the following commitments:
- Provide clear and accurate information regarding our services.
- Deal with all enquiries in a prompt, considerate and knowledgeable way.
- Provide services that are appropriate and in line with our patients needs.
- Deliver the same standard of service to every patient, irrespective of their gender, age, race, religion or physical ability.
- Offer a range of services to ensure we can strive to arrange an appointment time and location that best suits your needs.
- Aim to deliver an efficient, seamless and pleasant service.
- Ensure each patient contact will reach an appropriate conclusion, and strive to reflect patients individual lifestyles, ambitions and personal goals.
- Provide a safe, private and friendly environment.
- Support a patients right to decline any treatment option without prejudice.
- Provide our staff with the right equipment and education to deliver a high standard of service.
- Enable patients to provide feedback easily, and use this feedback to shape our practice.
- Respond to complaints within 5 days.
- Ensure that if we cannot help you, we try to find someone who can.
“Persistent people begin their success where others end in failure.”
Steadfast make the following promises to achieve shared aspirations.
Putting patients first
We promise to put patients first in everything we do. We put each patient’s needs at the centre of all decisions and everything we do will be done all in the best interest of the patient. We accept that some people need more help, and that not all goals will be realised, however, we strive to achieve the best possible results for each of our patients in all circumstances.
Respect and dignity
We promise to value each person as an individual, respect their aspirations, beliefs, commitments, and seek to understand their priorities, needs, abilities and limitations. We take what others have to say seriously. We are honest about our point of view and what we can and cannot do.
We promise to strive to improve health and well-being and people’s experiences of physiotherapy. We value excellence and professionalism wherever we find it – in the everyday things that make people’s lives better as much as in clinical practice, service improvements and innovation.
Commitment to quality
We promise to earn the trust placed in us by insisting on quality and striving to get the basics right every time: safety, confidentiality, good communication, professionalism and, dependable service. We welcome feedback, learn from our mistakes and build on our successes.
We promise to respond with kindness to each persons needs, anxieties, pain, and desires. We search for the things we can do, however small, to increase each person’s quality of life. We do not wait to be asked, because we care.
“If you can dream it, then you can achieve it.”
At Steadfast Neuro Super Speciality Rehab Centre, we are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of all the patients we come into contact with.
Our mission is to:
- Maximise patient satisfaction throughout the therapy experience.
- Promote an environment where all patients can develop and excel beyond their expectations.
- Ensure that all patients are aware at all times what treatment is available to them, and to help patients access any services that may be available.
- Operate only within the highest standards of regulatory compliance and integrity, not only to meet the requirements of our professions, but because of our beliefs.
- Be leaders and innovators in evidence-based neurological rehabilitation.
- Design highly effective treatment programs that are customised to the individual needs of our patients.
- Continue to explore and develop new techniques, products and treatments that meet the needs of our patients.
- Increase the quality of life and self-esteem of our patients through the achievement of goals
- Limit the impact of degenerative and life-limiting illnesses by helping all patients maintain a better quality of health.
- Empower our patients to achieve their goals, whilst at all times facilitating individual choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is neurological physiotherapy?
- Do your physiotherapists practice the Bobath concept?
- Do I need a referral from my doctor or consultant?
- How many sessions do I need?
- Will I ever walk again?
- When can I drive again?
- I have arranged an appointment for a relative. Can I come and see what is involved?
- I had a stroke six months ago. Can I still improve with physiotherapy?
What is neurological physiotheraphy?
Neurological physiotherapy is the treatment of problems caused by disorders of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These often present as weakness, paralysis, spasticity, walking problems, movement problems, reduced balance and difficulty performing everyday activities.
Do your physiotherapists practice the Bobath concept?
We utilise a combination of numerous physiotherapy principles to provide the most beneficial treatment for our patients. These include the Bobath concept (normal movement), the Carr and Shepherd approach (motor relearning), the Brunnstorm approach and conductive education. The treatment approach used will vary depending on the individual, their symptoms and their goals. This allows us to maximise your potential.
Do I need a referral from my doctor or consultant?
Steadfast accept referrals direct from patients, relatives, carers, case managers and solicitors. If you have private medical insurance feel free to telephone or email Steadfast and we will be able to provide advice as different insurers have different referral policies.
How many sessions do I need?
Following your initial assessment our physiotherapists will be able to give you an idea of the number of treatment sessions you require. The length of treatment will depend on your condition, your symptoms and your rehabilitation goals.
Will I ever walk again?
There are numerous factors that can have an impact on whether you will be able to walk again in the future. Following your initial assessment your specialist physiotherapist will be able to advise you on realistic rehabilitation goals.
How long is your waiting list?
Steadfast Neuro Super Speciality Rehab Centre ensure that we maintain adequate staffing levels to allow all initial assessments to be performed within 48 hours, if required. Subsequent treatment sessions can be arranged at times and intervals that best suit you.
When can I drive again?
Your physiotherapist can advise you and liaise with your GP regarding returning to driving. If required, Steadfast Neuro Super Speciality Rehab Centre can refer you to relevant services and professionals for a driving assessment.
I have arranged an appointment for a relative. Can I come and see what is involved?
Steadfast Neuro Super Speciality Rehab Centre believe that relatives have an important role to play in the rehabilitation of their loved ones. Attending appointments will enable your physiotherapist to provide you with relevant advice to promote the recovery of your relative. We can also teach you suitable exercises that can be performed or practiced, with your relative, at home between appointments.
I had a stroke six months ago. Can I still improve with physiotherapy?
Following a stroke a rapid improvement is often seen over the first few weeks. With the correct physiotherapy input from our specialist physiotherapists improvements are possible over the following years. Following your initial assessment, your physiotherapist will be able to advise you on how much improvement is possible.
To book an assessment or for more information please email email@example.com or call +91 8073643202